Wow, those are some solid ingredients in that pre-workout. Definitely way better than 95% of the pre-workouts in North America. It also lists the dose of each ingredient whereas most of the pre-workouts here say 'proprietary blend'.
Also, most of them have high doses of seemingly useless ingredients, like creatine. As far as I know, creatine needs to be taken long-term for beneficial effects. It doesn't seem appropriate as an ingredient in pre-workout.
The price is also not too bad.
The only pre-workout I've bought and taken is MRM DRIVEN Pre-Workout Boost, which costs $23 CAD or €16.42.
The ingredients are decent:
- Vitamin C - 63 mg
- Niacin - 10 mg
- Vitamin B6 - 5 mg
- Vitamin B12 - 25 mcg
- Pantothenic Acid - 5 mg
- Calcium - 25 mg
- Magnesium - 38 mg
- Hydration Blend - 4,200 mg
- Trehalose - 3,100 mg
- Betaine Anhydrous - 625 mg
- N-Acetyl Cysteine (NAC) - 375 mg
- Pine Bark Extract (95% Proanthocyanidins) - 100 mg
- Muscle Blend - 3,750 mg
- Arginine Alpha Keto-Glutarate - 1,125 mg
- Creatine Monohydrate - 1,125 mg
- CarnoSyn® Beta-Alanine - 1,000 mg
- Citrulline Malate - 500 mg
- Energy Blend - 1,225 mg
- Acetyl-L-Carnitine Hydrochloride - 500 mg
- N-Acetyl Tyrosine - 375 mg
- Schizandra Berry Extract (2% Schizandrins) - 193 mg
- InnovaTea® Natural Caffeine (from Tea) (yielding 125 mg Caffeine) - 132 mg
- Pea ATP® - 25 mg
Effects I usually get:
- Improved mood
- Enhanced focus
- Increased energy
One thing I dislike about this pre-workout is that it absorbs moisture way too easily and goes bad within a few weeks of opening. It has a moisture absorber inside, but it doesn't stop the light red powder from turning dark red and forming very hard chunks that are essentially unbreakable.
For pumps, I'm not sure if citrulline would help but agmatine definitely gave me some nice pumps when I used to workout. Beta-alanine is also good, but gives me tingling in the body, a bit like pins and needles only it's neither unpleasant nor pleasant.
Are gyms open in your area? They are in mine, but even before COVID the gyms were always packed. Now, I'm hesitant to go despite the mask mandates.